Safeguarding at Headstart School
If you have any safeguarding issues, please contact our Safeguarding Leads: Head of School – Mrs Caroline Belchem 01424 893803 or Executive Head Teacher Ms Nicola Dann 01424 893803
The Safeguarding Governor is Mrs Jane Syred and can be contacted via the school 01424 893803.
Safeguarding within Headstart School
Who is responsible for the Safeguarding of Children?
It is everybody’s responsibility to be vigilant and listen to students when they are worried about safeguarding issues.
Within our school, every member of staff receives Safeguarding training and all staff are made aware of the Safeguarding team.
The School Will Ensure
- That all staff know how to access to the Safeguarding policy
- That all staff are clear how to follow procedures
- The whole school will receive at least annual Safeguarding Training
- That safe recruitment practices, which provide for appropriate checks are in place and adhered to.
- The designated person liaises regularly with the Safeguarding Governor and Executive Head.
How safeguarding is included in the curriculum
Headstart School promotes safety within our students by:
Providing tutor time every day to allow students the opportunity to discuss issues/barriers as well as allowing topic based discussions.
Every student receives PSHE lessons where subjects are specifically targeted. We also endeavour to cover a range of topics throughout the curriculum such as:
- Stranger danger
- Road safety
- Medicines + Drug awareness
- Sex and Relationships education
- Internet safety
- Emergency services and first aid
Please see a list of links below, for your information:
Please click on this link for internet safety and ways to keep your children safe using the internet https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/
Keep your child safe online http://www.internetmatters.org/
Working together to Safeguard Children – Information for all staff
NUDE SELFIES What parents need to know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjV0lKYpakk
NSPCC underwear rule: http://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/underwear-rule/
NSPCC underwear rule for the deaf: http://www.nspcc.org.uk/fighting-for-childhood/news-opinion/Underwear-Rule-video-to-help-protect-deaf-children-from-abuse/
Further links can be located in the parent section of the website.